So we know we’ve already given you more than a few little hints about this one but it’s now almost on top of us and we’re just so incredibly excited that we thought it was about time that we give you all the latest lowdown! Yeah, that’s right, lowdown. We’re down with the kids.
The Kids Fashion Runway Event
Hosted by the wonderful Baby Bandits (more on them later), the Kids Fashion Runway event will be the first ever style event for childrenswear to be held at the world famous London Fashion Week and we literally can’t wait!
(I know; Kidult and Co are going to London Fashion Week! Little old us!! Thank you; we are patting ourselves on the back as we speak.)
Sponsored by the giant London Fashion Week sponsors themselves, hairdressing superstars Toni and Guy, as well as Essensuals Hairdressing, this fashion first is sure to be a massive occasion and is already drawing some attention from some very big names in the childrenswear industry. Plus there’s going to be an exclusive performance by Skinny Living to liven things up too and keep the 50+ young runway models entertained.
Big Names To Shine Amongst
So, on Sunday 12th February 2017, some of the UK’s hottest childrenswear brands will be gathering at a swanky location in London, with some of the best up-and-coming childrenswear brands from around the world, for a full-on, super-duper, posh and proper fashion runway show, and we’ll be there with them showing off Kidult’s latest range of unisex monochrome kids clothing.
And we’re not joking when we say we’re in good company; joining us on the day will be 18 talented British and global kids wear designers including;
- Mouse In A House – A monochrome brand from Poland who specialise in black and white stripes.
- Reign Baby Boutique – A small children’s and baby boutique shop from the beautiful Isle of Bute.
- Pirates of the Playground – A Melbourne based range that shies away from pink for girls and blue for boys.
- Tao and Friends – According to their website, these guys from Nottingham make clothing for the cool kids!
- I Haven’t The Foggiest – From a little village in the Cotswolds, I Haven’t The Foggiest make colourful clothing for happy children.
- Olivia Grae Kids – This mother-turned-fashion-designer specialises in subtle tie dye clothing that just looks cool.
- Finger In The Nose – These guys are a French brand from Paris with a rather awesome line in puffa jackets
- Lucky No. 7 – Yet another mum-turned-designer from Holland with a serious line in monochrome, and some odd splashes of colour thrown in.
- Leni and June – Made in the USA, this is a brand with attitude, and some seriously good clothing too.
- Piupia – Yet another mother-turned-designer but this time from Portugal, this is an eco-friendly childrenswear range that’s not dowdy.
- Didi and Bud – A proud-to-be-British brand from another busy Mum, making the most soft and gorgeous sleepwear for children.
- Ballerinas and Boys – Another Australian brand, these guys make some seriously diva-ish clothing for your little gangsters to flash about in.
- Duke of London – Despite the name, this is yet another Australian clothing brand making waves around the world and amongst the rich and famous.
- Bella and Lace – Another astounding range from Australia, the brainchild of a clothing-designer-turned-mother, who makes beautiful and unusual statement clothing.
- Loud Apparel – Mixing British ingenuity with Italian simplicity is what gives this brand its stand-out, easy recognition that cuts through the noise.
- Tiny Remix – This American brand makes 80s and 90s inspired clothing for the youth of today, who should thank their lucky stars they do!
- Little Schnucki – These guys from Australia make vintage inspired clothing for kids that rock, because why wouldn’t you?!
- Our hosts, Baby Bandits.
Baby Bandits: The Guys With The Reins!
And of course, last is most definitely not least with these guys, because not only have our hosts managed to put together what is going to be an amazing show, with some of the best and most innovative names in the world of childrenswear today, but they’re also putting their money where their mouth is by being out there with their own range of awesome childrenswear too.
A family run business that’s British to its core, Baby Bandits started in January 2015 with just one black baby romper, and the brand has simply flown since then. According to their own website, Baby Bandits is a
“brand designed for babies, toddlers and young children with style and personality our alternative edgy designs allow your little humans to look fashionable and on trend whilst being comfortable at the same time. Our gender neutral range steps away from the stereotypical colourful children’s clothing and focus’ entirely on a monochrome theme with our skull and crossbones logo being featured on many of our products adding a little EDGE.”
In addition to some fab wardrobe staples – such as onesies, baby rompers and vests – Baby Bandits also do a fabulous line in some pretty cool statement pieces, such as their black or white leather jacket, which quite frankly makes our hearts swoon!
If you’d like to check out Baby Bandits then you can find them on their website or find out where their stockists are here. In the meantime, we literally can’t wait to see these guys next month down in London!
Get In Touch
So between now and 12th February it’s fair to say that we’re going to be pretty busy here at Kidult central; we want to make sure that we’ve got the best clothing we can possibly have to show in London, especially as we’ll be in such exalted company, so we’ll be working around the clock to make sure we go and show ourselves in the best light possible. After all, this is an amazing opportunity for Kidult and Co, so we need to make sure we get it right.
If you’d like to find out more about the Kids Fashion Runway event at London Fashion Week, or if you’d like to know more about anything Kidult and Co are up to at the moment, you can get in touch with us in any of the usual ways.
And if you’re a UK-based buyer, editor/press or blogger and would like to attend the show itself, then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to find out about tickets and availability.
But if you can’t make it to the actual event, don’t forget to keep up-to-date with all the latest fashion show news and gossip with #KFR2017 or at @kidsfashionrunway on Twitter and Instagram. We can’t wait!